Which one is better; Carrying a camera, notepad, Gameboy, phone, and map in your pocket or an Iphone. Pretty sure we all know that one. The same concept is applied for creating your product. Instead of building a camera, notepad and map just build the Iphone! So let’s go into detail on how this really works. You will create one product that can easily be transferred to other mediums. I’ll show you a step-by-step guide to building a product fast.
1. Start off brainstorming about your info product. Let’s say its Caring for Your Pet Kangaroo. So start brainstorming about the main themes of caring for a kangaroo. The tool I used in College Cash Flow was Free Mind. Basically get a short list of basic concepts that you can talk about easily.
2. Record a video of you talking about each of these concepts. The main themes of taking care of a kangaroo with some elaboration on each. This can be you in the camera or a video showing a presentation. Make sure you have decent audio recording. Your voice quality is very important. This video can be used for sales advertising on Youtube or included in the product.
3. Rip out the audio of this video. Bam! Now you have a podcast. Still no writing.
4. Take that audio and either hire out someone to transcribe it (It’s not as expensive as you think) or do it yourself. Dragon software could also help here.
5. Once the article is transcribed you can either take away some of the key points and submit it as an article or add more specifics as the main info product. Say if you only talked about what kangaroos ate in the video, now add the best brands to buy from.
6. Now you have a video, podcast, and article. Each form of your information will be reaching different audiences.
This concept can be applied to a number of aspects in internet marketing. If you just wanted to write a sales copy, use the same steps. The goal is to save time and frustration. By creating only one thing, you have opened the door to many others. What other aspects can you add this too? See if there are ways to apply minimalist multitasking in everyday situations. Most technology companies already live by this principal. Why has the Swiss Army Knife stood out from the hundreds of other knife brands? Because Swiss is fun to say and the knife is a battle ready, mini war hero that can be stored in your pocket. Cut out all the frustration and look for that one thing that will replace..wait for it.. everything.